Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trombone vs. serpentine type routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

popoyboys

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
serpentine routing

may i know what is the difference between a trombone and serpentine types of routing?

in what applications does each type is used?

can anyone please shed some light or perhaps some illustrations to show their difference??

trombone routing

Hi,

Actually both the routing methods are used for time delay in the signal,it is also called accordion.

Serpentine routing had some disadvantages,while routing in x and y axis,hence this method trombone was alternate.

Check the pdf iam attaching and go through sheet 5,it will clear all your doubts.

Hope it helps you understand better about the two routing methods.

Regards,

Ramesh

popoyboys

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
trombone in finnish

Hey poppoy,

It is clearly mentioned about the two types routing and their differenences in the pdf,as a matter of fact it is illustrated better,now you can use the tool to route..

Regards,

Ramesh

popoyboys

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
trombone vs

Hello,

I am designing a DDR2 Board. I want to do delay matchiing.i want to know how much delay each serpentine or Trombone legs introduce? pls help

Appreciating your valuable help,
sandhya

tromboning trace on board

Sandhya

YOu can go for any specialized Router.it will automatically calculate the delay.or else if you know the length of the trace ,you can calculate the delay(roughly) by the following thumb rules

FR4 PCB, outer trace 140-180(ps/in)
FR4 PCB, inner trace 180(ps/in)

Regards
abhi

Hi all,
I'm trying to autoroute a brd file (in specctra,allegro)that have the match delay groups.When autorouted i found that the nets are using the serpentine pattern as specified but the angle they make is orthogonal.I want to route it with an arc bend.Can any one suggest a solution to autorout the delay matching nets with an arc bend??

Thanks,
Neha

try using command:miter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back