Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transparent Protective Coating for x band Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosein_rabiee_g

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I make a patch Antenna for x band and I want to use a protective coating(Spray , ...) for it.
which material should i use?

My experience is that THINNER coatings are the best for microwaves. Something like this should not change the performance much:

**broken link removed**

If you want cheap, any sort of lacquer varnish should do. The silcone coatings seem to end up thicker and pull the frequency around more.

Maybe two-layer board can be used in some cases. As dielectric thickness is known, calculations and simulations may be done. As a result - "invisible" inner-layer antenna. Altough it would be more expensive.

Maybe two-layer board can be used in some cases. As dielectric thickness is known, calculations and simulations may be done. As a result - "invisible" inner-layer antenna. Altough it would be more expensive.

I've made the Antenna and now just want to coat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back