Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transimpadence Amplifier with 2N3904

Status
Not open for further replies.

kampfer

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I made this circuit for project. yet i encountered some problems. i am not sure about gain resistance specs.

project.JPG

I need 5 Vpp at the output and 6kΩ transimpedance gain. i can get a 5v with 0.86mA ac, however gain is 5.8k. how can i enhance gain?

The bias point doesn't look right for 5 Vpp output. If you achieve 5V with the present circuit, the output will be rather distorted.

But you shouldn't expect too much from this simple circuit. You can adjust the gain with R6 and the bias point with R4.

What is the purpose of R7 ?

normally, with feedback like this, should i get 6k gain directly? i mean gain is all up to feedback. is it right?

normally, with feedback like this, should i get 6k gain directly? i mean gain is all up to feedback. is it right?

Even in case of infinite transistor current gain this wouldn`t be true because of the finite source resistance at the collector node.

Even in case of infinite transistor current gain this wouldn`t be true because of the finite source resistance at the collector node.

is there a simple way to see direct output value? i make a ac sweep with iac and it gives 4.9V; is it peak-to-peak?
and when i make a trasient with Isin source it gives 2.4V to top but i gonna cut-off at the negative values.

this is ac sweep with 0.833mA ac source

ghgh.JPG

this is trasient with Isin 0.833mA source

sadas.JPG

Review what I said in post #2 about bad bias point and a possible solution.

what is the reason of cut-off in negative values?

According to your first post the dc operating point is app. at +1.5 volts.
That means: The voltage can swing araound this point with a max. amplitude of 1.5 volts approximately (3 volts peak-peak).
Now - look at your transient simulation results and verify that the peak-peak value is app. 3 volts.
Do you now understand FvM`s recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.