Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To transfer file from PC to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj Shrestha

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made a chatting program between two computers via seial port in Null modem configuration but now I wanna add file transfer feature in the program
Please suggest me with coding scheme.

Learn about X-modem, Y-modem and Z-modem protocol, it is very simple file transfer protocol commonly used on serial communication

Assalamo Allykum !

Yar you can use the Visual Basic 6.0 for the file transferring bewen two PCs.

There is an ACTIVEX name SAXCOMM6.OCX that can transfer the files between two computers.

Wish you a good luck..

HI! PLIZ TRY TO REFER TO THESE BOOK:
1) PARALLEL PORT PROGRAMMING COMPLETE
2) SERIAL PORT ROGRAMMING
BY
JOHN AXELSION &
VISIT
www.lvr.com
FROM
HIDAM KUMARJIT

when i was in collage at that i made same thing and transfer file sucessfuly waht i do is very easy..and step i tel you,

- Take input file from user
- Made paket (exm 16 byte of file) which also has pcket no. and CRC field
- calculate CRC of packet (by using simple CRC = b1^b2^...) and add it in packet
- send packet and wait for ACK(as ACK you can send 1 byte data say '$')
- receive packet from RX side and check SRC and if ok then save data in file
- i not then dont send ACK
- if Tx. will not get any ACK in particular time (sat 1 sec use time.h for time function) the nwill send again same packet....

thats it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back