Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing ECO - Cadence Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeStud

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am running timing ECOs in Encounter (mainly upsizing cells using using ecoChangeCell).
Can you please tell me what commands should i run after upsizing some cells?
Should i run incremental placement? increamental routing? optimize the design again ?

Thanks!

<load your design>
deleteFiller
deleteMetalFill
clearDrc

getEcoMode
setEcoMode -batchMode true -refinePlace false -updateTiming false
getEcoMode

<ecoAddRepeater>

refinePlace -preserveRouting true; # to keep existing routing and just reroute the modified nets.
setEcoMode -batchMode false -updateTiming false ; # this command long time, need to apply all ecoChangeCell

editDeleteViolations
globalDetailRoute

setFillerMode -corePrefix FILLCAP -core ...
addFiller

fillNotch ...
trimMetalFill...
saveDesign ...

Thanks!
Some followUp questions:
Should i do only increamental routing?
I have seen setNanoRouteMode command has a flag -routeWithEco. should i set it true?
Also, should i use the command ecoDesign (which invokes ecoPlace & ecoRoute)?
Where you wrote <ecoAddReapeater> i assume this is the place to run also the ecoChangeCell commands?

Thanks!

Last edited:

1- with this script is an incremental routing, with "refinePlace" you keep the existing routing.
2- not mandatory as you could see, in the script example, ecoRoute command also exist.
3- ecoDesign is when you provide the modified netlist, in the example, the cells modification are reduced and only to fix hold and SI/noise limitations, so around 100 cells upsizing/addition, the list is created by Primetime eco commands, to fix the timing in Primetime, our reference, and feed-backed to Encounter to place/route them.
4- "ecoAddReapeater" is where you add the upsize/add cell commands.

Reactions: eeStud

eeStud

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank again!
I understand now.
One last thing, i am working with Encounter and Prime Time. But prime time "write_changes" command write them for Synopsis tools (using size_cell command for example).
Before i go and write my own parsnig script, any chance you have a "translation" script from Prime Time to Encounter?

Many Thanks!

well.., of course we have some stuffs, but first I did not write the latest one, and I not allowed to provided that, sorry, but it is not a big deal.
sorry.

No Problem,
Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back