Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiling in analog blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunrising

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tilling ic design

I'd like to know if you do tiling for your analog blocks to meet the metal density rules. If so, how will the filled metal patterns affect the circuit performance and what shall I pay attention to that?

In my opinion, I prefer to no metal filling over the poly gate and diffusion area of the matched devices in a sensitive design. And don't cover the signal wires with metal patterns on both the above and below metals for a signal wire. eg. If a signal wire is on M2, no M1 and M3 metal fillings over it, while M4 and above is OK.
But I'm not sure If I can put metals over the bypass, filter and feedback capacitors' area?

And I'm not sure if we should do LPE and post layout simulation after tiling to characterise the parasitic effect it might caught? If so, how will extraction tool like calibre xRC handle the floating metal patterns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back