Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

through pin but not hole within it

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakex

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
the package of GALI-52 is SMD type of SOT-23, but now I want to
develop a through mounted package for it, i.e., the pins are through
pins, but without hole within it, and GALI-52 is mounted on the top
of the particular pins, is that OK?
the software is cadence v16.2.
thanks.
---yakex

If I understand correctly he just wants to add small vertical pins between the smd component and smd pad on the PCB (without any holes in the pcb), he will just raise the component a few mm.
I don't know how easy it will be to keep these pins in place because when you try to solder one side the solder on the other side will melt too.

Alex

I am sorry for the confuse.
I want to develop a through pin for Surface-Mount-Device. The through pin is like a circular cylinder, and it go through all the layers. The SMD will be mounted to the top surface of the circular cylinder.
In the above case, the route can be placed on the internal layer of the PCB board, and the devices are mounted on the top layer of the PCB board. Also, there are two planes on the top layer and bottom layer of the PCB board. I thought there would be much less radiation and less cross-interference between adjacent channels.
Is that possible?
thanks.
---yakex

you can do that but i don't think that is a good idea (for connection) , yo can make SMD pad for and you can do via on pad option ..no need to go with chaining the footprint.
Regards
Praveen Bhat

I want to develop a through pin for Surface-Mount-Device.
Yakex,

If I inderstood you correctly, you can achieve what you're describing with help of a little adapter PCB. This PCB has SMT pads for your component, which are connected with traces to throughole pads. Then your pins (pillars) connect to holes on the main board.

By the way, if you post a sketch, that will help.

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back