Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB via hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sokha

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all respective member!
I am working with PCB routing to POGO pin, but after I place PCB over pogo's pin the result is lossy and even has some spike at center frequency due to impedance mismatch.
So is there a tool or technote that tells about the via hole diameter with copper plated thickness to archive 50-ohm copper plated via hole?
If someone who is experienced in this matter kindly gives some advice!
Thank you so much.
Please refer to attached file( What I am doing)
1659952013212.png

Hole diameter determines impedance in combination with pad and antipad diameter and plane configuration. We need to see a PCB cross section with connector. What's the frequency range?

Also single pogo pin makes no sense for single ended transmission line. You need suitable ground connection or differential TL configuration.

Hole diameter determines impedance in combination with pad and antipad diameter and plane configuration. We need to see a PCB cross section with connector. What's the frequency range?

Also single pogo pin makes no sense for single ended transmission line. You need suitable ground connection or differential TL configuration.
You're right Sir.
The center frequency of the PCB is 1.5 GHz and the pad attached to SMA connector.
It is not a single pogo pin, it is 4 ports network. We want to see the crosstalk also.
Kindly see the attached new image configuration and S-parameter.
I hope you can point/provide an idea about this design.
Thank you so much for your time.

1660004890841.png
1660004910565.png
1660005000299.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back