Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

threshold voltage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhdl00

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i run hspice simulations recently, found that the threshold voltage is different for same device, i mean other than body effect, is there any other factors affect threshold voltage?

in which case ?
do you use the same corner? that is ,typical typical corner?ff corner?
in different corner,the vth will change a little.

it depond on the voltage and current,too.

Hi:

I deep submicron process the Vth decreases due to the increase of Vds and this effect is known as drain induced barrier lowering (DIBL).

Rgds

Usually foundy specifies the vth depending on w and L of devices you are going to use.
If you go through the BSIM3v3 manual, you would find that the threshold voltage is a function of loads of other parameters.
And the value you would observe in the model file is for hand calculations when you do design.
A question what percentage variation did you observe.
Holberg in his book has mentioned on how one should characterise a mos device, kindly go through that, it would be great help to you.
Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.