Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] The speed of standard logic cell is not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

john7796

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I meet a problem, the speed of standard logic cell is not enough.

I wish to know the how much custom cell can faster than standard logic cell?

Please help me, thanks.

John

I could be wrong, but hardly you'll get a much better performance than that achieved by the cells contained in the standard libraries created by the organizations, unless instead of that you create your own customized cell, enhancing some feature in the detriment of another, but it seems an insane job if not only restricted to specific cases.

An alternative way of you achieving a successful outcome would be creating your complete circuit without use of these standard-cells, but drawing it directly in silicon, because doing that you can eliminate the coupling stages (in/out) needed for the libraries. In the case, that your complete circuit could be added to your library and inserted into the layout as like a conventional standard-cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back