Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the result of the LVDS has lots of jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankwen

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can I avoid them
the
thanks

You need to drive your output switches with non-overlapping signals

:wink:

I don't see any "jitter" in the waveform (it may be there, but not visibale in the choosen timescale). You know what jitter means?

As an additional remark, to see meaningful real world waveforms, you may want to load the LVDS driver with some common mode impedance, too.

PaloAlto, can you advise me some papers about driving LVDS output switches with non-overlapping signals?

Does it necessary for design with 2 NMOS and 2 PMOS switches or only for design like in this topic?

Sorry, I don't have references for that.

It doesn't matter whether they are all NMOS or PMOS and NMOS. The thing is that the current source should never be switched off, so it should never happen that all transistors are off, otherwise you have large peaks in your supplies.

You have to drive that block with signals that overlap at high (If they are all NMOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back