Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the `include file problem encountered when dealing with FPGA,VCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspirinnnnn

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A engineer in our lab wrote a Quartus project ,now i have to verify his codes in VCS,one question raises,his project got many directories and sub directories, the include style use in FPGA is like :
Code:
`include "./XXX.v"
the current directory is the directory the file located ,now when i am using VCS, it tell me that it can not find the file or directory ,i figured out that the VCS always use the directory you execute the VCS command line as the Current directory ,so i have to change all the `include XXX line to match the location in VCS ,is there any way i can avoid this problem ?

Thanks For Any Help

Sir, thanks very much for your reply ,maybe i am not clear at my original post ,the situation is a little bit complex than I explained like
Code:
`include ./XXX.v
         `include ./XXX/XXX.v 
         `include ../XXX/XXX/xxx.v
exists,
I tried use the "+incdir+<include path>" option ,but for cases like the second one and the third one above still can not be resolved , maybe i am just not use this option in a appropriate way ?

Consider below Directory Format, in which under RTL folder each directory has one file needs to be included
Code:
Project
                RTL
                     Func_1
                              Sub_func_1
                     Func_2
                TB
you can give +incdir+../RTL or you can also add each and every sub directory. I dont remember the command to include more than one directory.

Thanks Very Much! The +incdir+<dir> command works well
Consider below Directory Format, in which under RTL folder each directory has one file needs to be included
Code:
Project
                RTL
                     Func_1
                              Sub_func_1
                     Func_2
                TB
you can give +incdir+../RTL or you can also add each and every sub directory. I dont remember the command to include more than one directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back