Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The best tv that you ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokia2010

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the best '80's-'90's tv made in Germany, Holland, Japan, Korea that you evere seen? I'm intrested especially in small tvs.
By good I mean:
- Relaibility
- Good image
- Beautifoul colours
- Not so hard to repair

Hi, you are on an interesting topic. I think the 21" CRT model CMT2179 by Hitachi is good. I had it for over 10 years and it gave me brilliant pictures and great sound. It failed due to a 40 pin decoder chip and I did not want to incur the cost of repair. I replaced it with a HD ready LCD TV, able to receive HD programmes. My Toshiba CRT 21" (no video input ability) ran for 17 years and is still working. The pictures are sharp and rock steady, but the colours are not as striking as the Hitachi's. The sound is also tinny, lacking lower range frequencies. I favoured 21" TVs after I owned a Loewe 26" CRT. It was monstrous and you can see the scanning lines, where I sat. This is a no-no to me, so I downsized to 21". I have not disposed of the 2 smaller sets as I think they will in time qualify to be collectors' items! Over to you.

No Doubt...
SONY Trinitron ( japanes)
working for me from 1989 till date..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back