Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

THD with Spectre (Cadence Virtuoso)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saruman1983

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
thd in spectre

Hello everyone,

Is there any way I can plot Total Harmonic Distortion of the output vs. the input voltage or current or power in the cadence virtuoso environment?

What I have managed to do so far is to calculate the harmonic distortion for a given input via a transient analysis and by using the thd special function in the calculator. I was wondering if I can somehow sweep the input and obtain the output's thd (all that in one graph).

Thanks in advance
vag

virtuoso thd calculator

You can do it by PSS analysis and some DC sweep function available at the bottom of the PSS analysis form. I did it long time back. Since THD is a perfect periodic analysis in most of the circuits, PSS analysis gives a good final solution of the circuit. It provides the DC sweep as required by you. You can read Spectre RF documentation for further details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back