Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TFT interfacing, polarity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_W

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is the display I'm about to use in my project - it's Formike's KWH102KQ03-F02, for which I got datasheet earlier (as they are reorganizing their website, and lots of old stuff is not yet online). (**broken link removed**).

uC that I'll be using is NXP's LPC2478, and I have also Olimex developer board for testing. Dev board also has TFT attached, so there is at least some reference design.

Now about the problem - it is the POL signal at pin #1 and CKV at #4.
POL is confusing in that sense, that in Olimex board (and their TFT) it is output pin and as far as I understood from schematics ( **broken link removed** ) is used for adjusting VCOM voltage depending on polarity - that is neat thing. However, on Formike's display, it is marked as INPUT. Am I supposed to take care about driving it correctly (invert it every frame?), or the datasheet is wrong? There are so many similar displays and datasheet files that look more/less the same, but with subtle differences - like this pin which is on some also marked as OUTPUT.

For CKV pin, I'm completely clueless.

And oh, there are Gamma correction inputs, but I'm not concerned about them. I'll just have them all on fixed voltage. What can I do :)

To give the response to myself, just to have this topic closed:

As I did late night research on TFT interfaces, it seems that no large TFT display (10" also considered as 'large') comes with built-in TCON. And TCON must be used to interface LPC2478 with this display, as it will convert HSYNC/VSYNC/DCLK into appropriate timing control signals for it.

Sourcing the timing controller is another question... for another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.