Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Text output for FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekhavadakkeparambil

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am completely new to FPGA . I want to take the output of FPGA in to a text file. Is it possible by using Spartan 3 XC 3S 400 FPGA.

Obviously the FPGA needs a channel to write out files, e.g. access to a mass storage device, or a serial channel to send them to a computer.

I presume you know that ieee.texio functions aren't synthesizable, you need to write your own text output and file handling.

Another Way to take outputs from your FPGA is to use in-system memory content editor feature in ALTERA tool.

Posted via Topify on Android

Another Way to take outputs from your FPGA is to use in-system memory content editor feature in ALTERA tool.
Why would you suggest ths? The OP is using a Xilinx part. :roll:

Similar to InSystemMemoryContentEditor feature in ALTERA, there might be a similar feature in Xilinx, you may have to Explore on it.

The Feature is helpful to capture the real time values on FPGA and store it to a file on your PC. Which can late be viewed and analyzed .

Similar to InSystemMemoryContentEditor feature in ALTERA, there might be a similar feature in Xilinx, you may have to Explore on it.
The Feature is helpful to capture the real time values on FPGA and store it to a file on your PC. Which can late be viewed and analyzed .

There isn't one, and I don't think Vivado supports it either, though I'll admit I haven't specifically looked for it. You shouldn't make assumptions about tool chains you haven't used extensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.