Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing diplexer filter shows bad PIM value

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjian

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pim rf diplex

hi when i test some diplexer filter (Cavity filter) ,use summitek instrument SI-1800b,the PIM value is very bad ,so someone can tell me in a diplexer filter
what will affact the PIM bad ,and how can i improve ,thanks very much ..[:cry:[/quote]

diplexer filter PIM

maybe this wil help you:
**broken link removed**

Re: diplexer filter PIM

Hi
How much IP3 level ?
1. I/P connector soldering point very bad.

2. I don't know you diplexer configuration (body)? If made from a metal every connecting point must be tighten if possible you should soldering.

3. The inner connector metal difference from feed point metal, I mean the electric characteristic of two kind metal difference => effect to PIM.

4. If you using Refected Mode pls check S11 (Return loss) . I mean if S11 bad a PIM signal easily return to your Summitek mechine.

5. OK , On Forward Mode check S22 (O/P connector) same S11.

6. If S21 of your DUT loss than your spect, IP3 level on Forward Mode better (Loss in your DUT).

7. I thing you should be check you mechine with Dummy Load first and you can find PIM knowledge on owner machine web.

**broken link removed**

Regards.

Somkit.:D

diplexer filter PIM

bad connect or material

Status
Not open for further replies.