Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testbench for IO buffer drive current spec ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizalism

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
45_1294284037.png

Hi,

I want to simulate for my IO current spec as in figure above, but I dont know how to setup the testbench.

Eg. Let say I want to know whether my IO buffer can support for 6mA, how to simulate it?

Thanks,

DC sweep analysis: sweep the source and/or sink current, probe & plot the output voltage vs. current.

DC sweep analysis: sweep the source and/or sink current, probe & plot the output voltage vs. current.

Hi Erikl,

So from the result, what we need to observe to make sure the buffer can support X Amp current. Is it constant voltage at X Amp.

Thanks,

... Is it constant voltage at X Amp.
Not necessarily absolutely constant. If this is a gain=1 buffer, you could observe the difference between output and input voltage vs. output current. Then either your spec. has, or yourself have to decide how much output offset (voltage difference) is permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.