Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temperature impact on CMOS folded cascode op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tia_design

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
folded cascode op

I designed a folded cascode op amp, when doing simulation for different temperature, I found big difference for different temperature. I never did this before, so generally how to analysis it? What is the impact of temeprature on op amp performance?

constant gm input folded cascode

which spec is changed at different temperature in your design? The temperature will change the gain and GBW

cmos op amp, temperature

The process is not good.

To overcome the temperature dependence, it's better to adopt the constant-gm design.

Generally speaking, the cmos opamp's performance influenced by temperature will not so large either biased with constant or ptat current.

The transconductance of the input diff pair will vary with temperature. If this is a concern, you should bias it with a current source that will result in a constant gm. See page 248 of Analog Integrated Circuit Design by Johns and Martin

johnsmith101 said:
The transconductance of the input diff pair will vary with temperature. If this is a concern, you should bias it with a current source that will result in a constant gm. See page 248 of Analog Integrated Circuit Design by Johns and Martin

The gm of input pair varies within 2 from -25 to 125 degC, so the DC gain
should have 6dB difference regarding gm variaton.

check your dc point, maybe some transistors have been in triode.

OMEsystem said:
johnsmith101 said:

The gm of input pair varies within 2 from -25 to 125 degC, so the DC gain
should have 6dB difference regarding gm variaton.

I think the gm of input pair varies √2 rather 2.
Gds is not varied with temp much. So get the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back