Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Technique to choose BGA pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronika

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my project I need to connect FPGA (1156-pin BGA) with 204-pin DDR3 memory. I am confused, because there is a small area under BGA for big amount of signals. 11 raws of BGA are used. I am using PADS Layout.

Is there any helpful technique to set the pins in DxDesigner in more logical way in order to have straight connections in Layout?

And how can I solve (count) how many internal signal layers I need at the moment for my design?

I have never designed such complicated and multi-layer system. It is difficult even to start because I do not know where should I start from.

Help me please!!!

Thank you in advance for any responce!

Veronika

how many layer do you have ???

route datasignal and address signal seperate layer

The amount of signal layers depend on routing the breakout of BGA.. I need to use as fewer layers as possible. At the moment I have 4 inner signal layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back