Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tcp throughput test , how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port Map

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, please help me.

I'm On a FPGA Based TCP/IP Hardware Test.
My board supports MAC and TCP Layers. It also replies to pings. I can send and receive data in TCP layer by TeraTerm.

How can I test the maximum throughput of this HW by an application running on a windows?

I used TeraTerm to send data.
I tried using iperf3 but i cant use it successfully!

- iperf should be used - you can check xilinx applications note.

- if you want to have control of the code - you can get some sample code from codeproject
and build/compile your own tcp server or client - this is another way to control the bits and bytes of tcp

- of course always use wire shark to track the tcp transactions for any problems.

as I found, Iperf needs a server/client on the other side to send/receive data to/ from it. but my app on HW is not a complete app. it only can consume received data or loopback them. then, is there any app to test this HW?

I tried creating a project in VC++ for testing throughput by using some example codes. I tried sending packets from PC to HW and counting sent Data over time and calculating rate but it was not so successful. then I'm looking for a ready to use applications such iperf.

if any one familier with this issue please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.