Target 3001 issues- offboard components and adding television flyback transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon2

Hi. Brand new to the forums, and practically brand new to using the free version of Target 3001 to reverse engineer a circuit board in order to obtain a schematic for servicing. I have all of the components identified and packages placed with two exceptions:

1) An old, nine pin television flyback transformer (FMH-1232BE). No data is available for this online, and I have been considering making it from scratch unless there is a generic flyback component somewhere that someone already made to use in the program. I have not had luck finding one. How do I go about making one in the program? The biggest issue I have is trying to match the size of what I am creating with my circuit board. It is possible to see the circuit board underneath while I am drawing as it would save a lot of time and frustration? Also, how do I go about devising a schematic symbol since I don't know the configuration?

2) For any offboard components, best way to connect to the circuit board? I tried "ratsnest" wiring, which shows up green and appears to connect, then I find the wires disappearing.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jon

Just a quick update: #2 was solved for now by moving all components onto the board. There is still one component remaining that I may have to try and configure offboard, but will even try to avoid that.

Still looking for an answer to #1 in some form. Time is limited, so hope to finish at least all parts placement by tomorrow.

Do you intend to re-create a out-of-service FB transformer ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…