Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tactile Switch Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajit_nayak87

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
i need some suggestion related to Selection of tactile switch. We know there two type of switch SMD and THT version. Which switch are better .when we need to use SMD and THT hole version Switch

I have used both switch for my application. I have faced Lot of SMD switches are failure. where as THT version works well in same application.kindly give some suggestion if any.

Hi there are many thousands of THT switches and SMT switches. "THT" or "SMT" is no qualitative specification at all.
From cheap to expensive, different sizes, with different electrical specifications, different mechanical specifications, different environmental specifications, contact material....

Without useful specifications no one can give you useful assistance.

To me your questions sounds like: What car to buy? I have good experience with a yellow one, and bad experience with a red one. Which one should I buy next?

Klaus

If you choose SMD than you can use inner and opposite side of PCB of switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back