Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

T610 or T630 as SMS controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi eugene,

the cable is hard to be found now. so i'm planning to buy from you. is it possible? or you still wan to keep your cable?i'm come from malaysia.which country are you in?
i may have to build my own cable if the cable can not be found.i have tested my code on my pc serial port through hyperterminal and is sending the correct command. so now is only the interfacing problems..

hope to hear from you soon.

Hi, I am in australia but the cable is in Malaysia, lost somewhere. I think you can purchase online easily.

hi m sangam from srm university chennai(india).
could u help me abt. programming of this circuit.

actually m frm electrical dept. nd very new to pic microcontroller programming
so plz help me out
m waiting fr ur rply....................................

hi eugene,

i succeeded in sending sms, but my interface is slightly different from yours.
i need a max232.

now i'm working on reading the sms from microcontroller. do u have an example code for it?

eugenesiew,

Please Provide Us with the Source Code so that others can make it.
Regards

suwanggoh said:
hi eugene,

i succeeded in sending sms, but my interface is slightly different from yours.
i need a max232.

now i'm working on reading the sms from microcontroller. do u have an example code for it?

Greetings,

What interface / connection between the phone and the uC worked for you?

Thanks....

For the code, what module/phone are you trying to use?

Greetings

i'm using t290i celphone and i also have a data cable( but it is a USB type.) how can I manage to interface this celphone to a PIC?
please any help is deeply appreciated.

I thing everybody should use GSM/GPRS MODEM like wavecom Modem instead of Cell Phone.

Anyone interested in doing this project kindly let me know. I want to get rid of my t630 and it's data cable reasonably. Email me. You can have my source code and hardware as well

Hi all,

Most SE phones that support serial communication (T28, T610, K300, K700....) doesn't need specific data cables for Serial RS232 communication.

You can check **broken link removed** for pin-out diagrams for lot of SE phones.
They can be connected to PC-Com port via MAX232 using Null-modem wiring (ie. TX-RX; RX-TX); Hyperteminal can be used as software-interface.

AT commands for those phones can be easily found by goggling.

Phones work with 3.6V; hence if you need to connect them to a uC (which works with 5V); you may need voltage level correcting cct. Because uC have various types of input pins; I/O logic levels are different on them. Check datasheet-electrical characteristics of pins I/O voltage levels.

You can find more info and a simple cct that can used to connect 3.6V-phone to 5V-uC for Serial-communication on following thread (this cct worked for 115k baud-rate on connecting K700i to a 18F4550)
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/144468/

Wish you success !

Attached are my final schematic and hardware connection. Basically i think you need to buy the data cable for T630/610 because their pin outs are too close to each other. I would not recommend you to try soldering jumpers onto them as the pins may be damaged easily due to high heat. The PIC circuitry is the part you want to focus on. Basically, once you have ur data cable, the connection to PIC is fairly simple as shown in phone2.jpg. This is more of programming project. You need to be able to interface your phone and PIC correctly to communicate with other. Hardware is fairly simple, but finding the cable may be a pain as it is almost obselete. Good luck.

P/S : there is no need for a MAX232 or voltage logic converter. PIC16F877A is good enough.

hi eugenesiew can i ask help from you?can you send me to c files of the project above so that i can understa?my email is chitobuknoy18@yahoo.com thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.