Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys Star-RCXT Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

letitwork

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

We are trying to run Star-RCXT on a mixed-signal layout that includes digital standard cells that we are not provided full layouts for. i.e. the poly layer is missing.

We want Star-RCXT to just ignore the standard cells but it isn't working. This is preventing Star-RCXT from successfully extracting and back-annotating our design. In Star-RCXT, I have set the "SKIP_CELLS" command appropriately, but the report file says:

WARNING: SKIP_CELLS list member "std_cell_no_poly" is not an equivalence point and will be ignored.

The resulting extracted netlist is has flattened the standard cells and is missing the digital transistors. Has anyone else ever seen this? Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks so much in advance!

Are you using Calibre LVS device-Extraction (output should be AGF) or you are using Hercules LVS for the device-extraction. ( output XTR View MW).

What I mean "extraction" here is device extraction to create annotated databases ( including LVS ). Not the parasitic extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back