Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys PrimeTime - Required Arrival Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonelow

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have spent some time trying to figure this out. I am synthesizing and analyzing circuits with a typical Synopsys Flow.
I am doing post-layout timing analysis with PrimeTime and have spent a bit of time digging through the manual trying
to find something that is seemingly obvious. Is there a builtin command to report the required arrival times at each cell?
Or is it necessary to write a script to do this? It is my understanding that in a typical STA engine, worst-case arrival times
are propagated from the PIs to POs and then required arrival times are propagated in the opposite direction from POs to PIs.
I kind of assumed that reporting RAT for each node would be a basic command. Any insight to this would be very helpful.
Thank you!

Best,
Tony
:?:

your question is not clear , what exactly you want .. you talked a couple of topics here.

there are command which give you the reports ... in the form you want.

if you do report timing -numpath 100 , then it will give 100 worst path (setup) .. similarly if you type report timing -from [cell instance/name] -numpath 1000 , then it should give almost all path on that particular cell ..

you can try different option in report timing ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back