Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Switching ic required isntead of transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anum_pirkani

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Switching IC required instead of transistors

HELLO...!!!

I am designing a circuit with +5V, -5V and 50V input analog voltages. Along with this, i have two switch control signals.
When one of the switch control signals is high, the 2 output ports should have approximately 5V and 50V respectively and when the other switch control signal is high, the output voltages should be reverted as in 50V and 5V respectively.

i have designed this circuit but it is using 10 transistors (NPN AND PNP) occupying large space. I was looking for an IC or so that can compact my circuit, but i am not sure which IC can fulfill my purpose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Regards.

what is the purpose of those 10 tranistors.. 2 transistor is required for switching control signals.. What for the remaining transistor have been used..??
can u please post your circuit.

i am unable to post proteus design file, so i have uploaded the image.

Attachments

• switching design.png
    switching design.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 147

Actually, reverting the output voltage is the only application or this circuit is used for any other applications....???

you can use TIP122 which is npn darlington pair transistor and you can switch that much voltage without problem or any IC. Because ULN2803 also don't have that much current rating.

Hi may I propose a design with 4 PNP and 4 diodes???

yeah definitely, i'll be really thankful to you...!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, reverting the output voltage is the only application or this circuit is used for any other applications....???

this circuit is basically a small module attached with TxRx module.
when one of the switch control signal is high, transmitter portion of the main module is activated and when other control signal is high, receiver module is activated. So it basically directs the circulator.

- - - Updated - - -

you can use TIP122 which is npn darlington pair transistor and you can switch that much voltage without problem or any IC. Because ULN2803 also don't have that much current rating.

thankx a lot, i'll try to do this..!!!

Hi here is it

attachment.php

And here is the proteus file make sure the power of transistor available

Attachments

• hello.JPG
    hello.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 143
  • transistor.7z
    27.6 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: anum_pirkani

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

anum_pirkani

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi here is it

attachment.php

And here is the proteus file make sure the power of transistor available

thnkx a lot for the design, it is perfectly switching.
i needed a switching topology in which, when one of the switch control signal is high, 1st voltmeter should read around 5v and other around 50v and when 2nd switch control signal is high, 1st voltmeter would give 50v and 2nd 5v.
these voltages furthur provide power to the next module, therefore it is important that i get both 5v and 50v for each control signal but in opposite order.

in case of the design you provided, i am getting 5v on both voltmeters for one signal and 50v on both voltmeters for other control signal...!!!

is there some way i can amend your design to get the desired output voltages as this design is much compact and economical than mine....

A base-emitter resistor is always a good idea to ensure the transistors turn off.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.