Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suzaku-V board with Virtex II Pro question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgl_13gr

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
suzaku-v

I have the Suzaku-V board with the V2P FPGA. The board comes together with code that implements the minimum connections between the PowerPC on the FPGA and the other external components on the board so as to create a system that is able to run Linux. In order to use this predefined code you need to have Xilinx Platform Studio.

I don't have XPS and I don't need either the PowerPC or the external components of the board (with the exception of the clock, the flash memory and the JTAG interface of course for the programming). I want to program and use the FPGA standalone with my own VHDL files to implement and use custom logic. I make thoughts although whether this could cause any problem with the other board components and the FPGA because in the manual it is stated:
"Be careful not to run the SUZAKU-V if incorrect data has been programmed into the FPGA or an error occurred during programming. Collision between signals and an FPGA external circuit component (including on-board components) or abnormal operation could cause heat generation, degradation or damage."

In my opinion there shouldn't be any problem, as the pins that are connected to the external components with my configuration will be simply not connected internally.

Does anyone of you have any experience with this particular board or can in any way help?

The board should have come with .UCF files that will show you the direction of all the pins on the FPGA (input,output). Keeping this UCF file, you will be able to write your own logic and not violate the I/O on the board. With the Xilinx webpack you can get free programming tools to download you code to the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back