Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

surpantine route in PADS like delay tune in allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

havi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
surpantine route

hi everybody,

is there any command in PADS like delay tune in allegro PCB design.

thanks

havi

Re: surpantine route

It is not as easy as Allegro but you can do it. Go to your settings and use Blaze Router.

M

Go to Setup-Design rules-net- select a net -High speed and now see the parameters to be defined to obtaine a delay tune.

using delay tune allegro what propose using delay tune icon send details

hi raj

delay tune is mostly for matching the two signal ...or trace

hi sir

normal line and delay tune is what different is using any board

hi raj,

Delay tune routing is used to matching the timing ( negative and positive end timing) like differential pairs.

Hi.sir

i will create artwork is create file ok but when i will create nc drill file is ok when i will see the gerber prevue the the artwork file and drill file not match. plz send nc drill parameter setting using details .send soon

There is a way to do Serpentine routing in PADS which is pretty effective. I call it "Poor Man's Auto Router :)".. You need to do some mathematics in calculating the trace lengthy required to cater to the delay requirement (approximately 120pS per inch delay on FR-4). Divide the resultant length into the number of serpentine segments that you can accommodate in your PCB (say 8 segments, 10, 12 and so on). Route one segment in PADS, and Copy paste the same thing (Ctrl C.Ctrl V) the number of times you want the serpentine to repeat. This works perfectly fine and you have tight control on routing also. I have tried this method and it has worked well for me :)

Re: Hi.sir

hi, raazraj

Please try like this image . this image shows design units inch or mil. If you use design unit mm please choose metric option in output units and also formate set 5.5.

Please try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back