Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Superjuntcion:Sdevice Floating plate simualtion field plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi9891

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey!!

I am having a problem simulating the superjunction termination strucutre in sdevice.I am not able to figure out the how to make some of the electrodes floating in sdevice??..the structure is somewhat similar to baligas "Multiple floating field ring termination with field plates" but there is pcolumn instead of p-ring.I need to know how to make the field paltes(or the electrodes in my case) floating in sdevice!!

When i use charge=0 for the electrode in the electrode section there is an error message

Error message: "There is a conductive link through interconnected semiconductor regions or through a semiconductor region between floating contact "contact_name" and contact "drain" a floating region can have only a floating contact"

Hey!!

I am having a problem simulating the superjunction termination strucutre in sdevice.I am not able to figure out the how to make some of the electrodes floating in sdevice??..the structure is somewhat similar to baligas "Multiple floating field ring termination with field plates" but there is pcolumn instead of p-ring.I need to know how to make the field paltes(or the electrodes in my case) floating in sdevice!!

When i use charge=0 for the electrode in the electrode section there is an error message

Error message: "There is a conductive link through interconnected semiconductor regions or through a semiconductor region between floating contact "contact_name" and contact "drain" a floating region can have only a floating contact"

I was having the same problem and found your post. It seems that if the contact is floating but on polysilicon, then you can use Charge=0. If the contact is on silicon instead, you have to use "Voltage=0, Current=0" together. In this way the contact will be floating, taking the voltage as it distributes in the devices but with no current through it.
Hope it can help someone ;-)

I was having the same problem and found your post. It seems that if the contact is floating but on polysilicon, then you can use Charge=0. If the contact is on silicon instead, you have to use "Voltage=0, Current=0" together. In this way the contact will be floating, taking the voltage as it distributes in the devices but with no current through it.
Hope it can help someone ;-)

thanks for your reply.I was waiting for a reply from a long time.
I will try it.

Also i had tried this but had convergence issues in sdevice..but tried in medici and it worked.Sdevice has convergence issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back