Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion and Recommendation for 32GHz Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

@YY

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Would like to have recommendation for a 32 GHz oscillator which is not powered by VCO. any recommendation?? :?:

regards.

Hi,

is there any more suggestion regarding the RF components company? I have search some of the basic list such as:

Miteq, Hittite, Meuro, Cernex.

But is there any other more suggestion?

32 GHz oscillator frequency is too high and it should particularly be designed.

Yes. It's high. That's why there are not much company who supply DRO for this range. Is there any company I can look around? I have contacted miteq but they havent reply yet.
Else I have to use a lower frequency DRO with some multiplier to achieve 32GHz. :(

I am not aware about any microwave company producing this kind of 32GHz oscillators.
Perhaps have to ask a consulting company to do for you a custom design, but the price will be in concordance.

When defining the oscillator specs (and especially frequency stability), very important is for what application this oscillator is dedicated.
For example, a free running DRO at 10GHz might be fine for a wideband channel TV satellite receiver, but not for narrowband microwave communications.
You can ask for a 10.6GHz or a 16GHz DRO stabilized by a PLL (check Hittite site for prescalers), followed by a frequency multiplier.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Yes. It's high. That's why there are not much company who supply DRO for this range. Is there any company I can look around? I have contacted miteq but they havent reply yet.
Else I have to use a lower frequency DRO with some multiplier to achieve 32GHz. :(

A standard satellite LNB includes a DRO at 10.6 (9750 MHz) GHz, you may probably use it by 3rd harmonic.I don't know the power level that you need but just an idea..

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back