Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a simple timer that will trigger alarm and will fit on a RC plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

airflap

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Alarm after 30 mins.

OK Hope someone here can help.:D I have a little electronics background but don't
think I can R+D this alone.

I looking for a simple timer that will trigger an alarm 30 mins.or so after power is applied.

purpose;
This alarm is going in a RC plane so I want to keep it small and light.
The alarm has 2 purposes;
First if my plane is lost in the bush it will start chirping after 30 mins. to help find the plane. Most of my flights are under 15 mins. So if my plane gos down in the woods it will give me a few minutes to get to the last seen heading.
Second it will remind me to disconnect the battery if I forget to unplug it from the plane. This has happened a few times to me and it will ruin a lipo battery.:cry:

OK here are the specs.
This will be used will a 3 cell lipoly battery. voltage will be 12 volts and down.
Looking for a timer that will turn on a alarm after 30 min or so. after power is applied.
This might be a two part circuit ? "The timer "witch would have some kind of relay or switch. to turn on the "alarm".

Other request would be to keep it small and light but also have it loud enough to hear from 40 yards or more. Here is one example of what I am looking for. **broken link removed**
However this alarm wont work with my radio and its not a timer type circuit.

I really think this plane finder/ battery reminder would be a big asset to my planes
and hope I can be the first one to try it out.
Hope someone here can help.

Alarm after 30 mins.

**broken link removed**

Third one down.
<als>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back