Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me 20pF capacitors for a 5Mhz chip in 0.35um CMOS process

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsj_guilin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want implement some 20pF capacitors in a chip which will operate at about 5MHz. What kind of capacitor should I use? Can anyone give me some references which talk about it.

Many thanks

Added after 1 hours 16 minutes:

And the process is 0.35um CMOS.

Capacitor on chip

It depends on what is important to you. You could pick the one with the smallest area, but that may have the highest stray capacitance to substrate. I assume you want floating capacitors? If so, you need to find out how much capacitance to substrate you can tolerate. Sandwich capacitors have a reasonable ratio of capacitance to stray - e.g. poly/Met1/Met2 sandwich with poly & Met2 connected.

Whose 0.35um process is it?

Keith.

Re: Capacitor on chip

Thanks Keith. I will use the TSMC 0.35um process.

Capacitor on chip

You can the capacitance of the transistor. Moscaps are very usefull and easy to implement.

Cheers,
Advares.

Re: Capacitor on chip

Before jumping with suggestions, the OP needs to clarify if he wants floating or not.

In generat, cap to ground -> moscap -> least area
floating -> need MIM, MOM or finger cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back