Status
Not open for further replies.

angyp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the best way to isolate passive elements like capacitors from a sensitive circuitry on the chip? if i group up few capacitors and place them at the corner of the chip, how do i isolate those capacitors from the circuit?

If your thecnology permits you can use a well. You can implement the passive elements in a well.

There are some special process level solutions: heavily-doped substrate, SOI, burried layers, extra wells etc, but they are much more expensive.

Layout solutions: for heavily-doped substrate you can try to increase the distance between the noise sources and noise victims. For Lightly-dope substrate a guard ring works well.

Which ciruit are you designing? I am not an expert in this area - but does the capacitor makes so much noise? Usually people are companing about separating RF/analog from digital parts.

could anyone pls. elaborate me how an epi layer(lightly doped,high resistivity) is more immune to latch-up problem?

usually epi-layer is used with heavy-doped and low resistivity buried layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…