Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

substrate coupling isolation of passive devices in cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

angyp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the best way to isolate passive elements like capacitors from a sensitive circuitry on the chip? if i group up few capacitors and place them at the corner of the chip, how do i isolate those capacitors from the circuit?

If your thecnology permits you can use a well. You can implement the passive elements in a well.

There are some special process level solutions: heavily-doped substrate, SOI, burried layers, extra wells etc, but they are much more expensive.

Layout solutions: for heavily-doped substrate you can try to increase the distance between the noise sources and noise victims. For Lightly-dope substrate a guard ring works well.

Which ciruit are you designing? I am not an expert in this area - but does the capacitor makes so much noise? Usually people are companing about separating RF/analog from digital parts.

could anyone pls. elaborate me how an epi layer(lightly doped,high resistivity) is more immune to latch-up problem?

usually epi-layer is used with heavy-doped and low resistivity buried layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back