Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strange behaviour of Graphic LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystery

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
we are trying to drive a sed1335(3.3V) based 320x240 graphic lcd with msp430 family. When we try to write a data which have 7 or 8 ones (like 0xFF, 0xEF,0xDF ....) , the lcd starts to flicker .
How can we resolve this problem?

One tip that come in my mind is , msp430f149 can not supply enough current to sed1335???

I need this info urgently , please help me.

thanks

How often are you updating the data on the display?

Kent

We care the cycle limitations of sed1335 and 5 times per second?

Did you say you are updating the display 5 times a second?:?

The display only needs to be updated when there is new data.

Are you updating the whole display or just parts?

Also, what kind of project is this?

Kent

I guess you shouldn't really update the data at all unless ur putting new data to be displayed
i worked with a character LCD display before
all it needed was the data once ... and only when u send the new data should u update it .
Try it

We only update the new parts. Actually no need to update, if you read it many times it starts to flicks....
We tried to find the problems for many weeks :))
At then end we changed the company and LCD of course there is no problem. Everyting is OK now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.