Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch GFX and LCD ili9341

Alireza770717

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, does anyone have experience with Touch GFX software? Can I use this software to design a graphical display with buttons for a 320*240 ili9341 LCD that doesn't have touch capabilities?

that doesn't have touch capabilities?
Really?

Just think about it:
* It has no touch capabilities ... but you want to use it as if it has touch.
If there was such a solution... no one would need to build/sell/buy touch anymore. And most probably it would be known all over the internet.

And ... because you talk about ILIxxx.
Touch has nothing to do with ILIxxxx display driver. It is a completely independent touch hardware (foil) and touch controller (IC). Neither connected to the display nor to the display driver.

For sure there are combined display + touch driver ICs. Never heard that ILIxxx can do.

Klaus

I think they mean can it be used to design the display when it doesn't have a touch sensor.

As Klaus stated, the ILI9341 is an IC that can be fitted to several types of LCD but adverts usually refer to LCD glass with that IC driving it as ILI9341. The touch sensor is optional and works completely independently of the display. It usually uses an XPT2046 resistive touch IC which only shares GND and VCC connections with the ILI9341. As the two are not otherwise interconnected, you should be able to use Touch GFX as a display only driver and ignore the touch functions.

Brian.

Hello, it seems like you don't have any nerves and always give negative answers. According to my friends on the following site, it seems possible. Please study the following site and add it to your electronic knowledge. https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-m...-with-buttons-without-touch-panel/td-p/165514
--- Updated ---

I think they mean can it be used to design the display when it doesn't have a touch sensor.

As Klaus stated, the ILI9341 is an IC that can be fitted to several types of LCD but adverts usually refer to LCD glass with that IC driving it as ILI9341. The touch sensor is optional and works completely independently of the display. It usually uses an XPT2046 resistive touch IC which only shares GND and VCC connections with the ILI9341. As the two are not otherwise interconnected, you should be able to use Touch GFX as a display only driver and ignore the touch functions.

Brian.
Hello, yes, thank you very much, I found the answer to my question.

Hi,
Hello, it seems like you don't have any nerves and always give negative answers
I guess you misinterpret clear informations.

Please show me the exact piece of my text that is "negative".

When you do a search for "graphical display with buttons" then there come a lot of pictures like this.
buttons.jpg

So I´m not the only one that gets confused with your question.
Maybe next time you simply could make your question clearer by asking for "mechanical buttons".

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: