Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standards for a PCB desing

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna9k

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
What are the standards to follow for a different types of circuits for a PCB deisgn,means for a SMPS and RF circuits.what are the preacutions to take for a SMPS PCB design,i am NEW for the PCB design,

design various from circuit to circuit.....there are some standard rules for cb desigers

1.if it is a high current carrying trace, should set thicker as much as u can
2.an amplifer,speaker,mic etc needs traces with impedence matching ,means that the length should match
3.for couping capcitors should place as close to the IC and trace length must set min
4. kindly follow the data sheet for some very critical component ,they will give some hint for that......and many more

For SMPS if you have a diode, inductor then cap on the output ensure that the tracks from the IC to the diode and from diode ground back to the IC are thick & very short, same for the inductor.
If you are new then I suggest yuo do lots of web browsing & reading for matters regarding EMC, DFT, DFM (Design for Test, Design for Manufacturing) and also the IPC PCB standards.

You will be able to glean a lot from them.

Hi,

Check this sites out,second link is really good,i have gone through the site and seems to be very useful for smps design references.

**broken link removed**

http://www.smps.us/

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back