Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spread spectrum module

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzomor

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need to locate a unit within about 1000 units in about 1Km area.
My idea is to use a Tx on the target units and Rx with me and check the signal strgnth to indicate the distance from Tx to RX.
as I have about 1000 units I think of using Spread spectrum in order to avoid interferance .

Do you have any suggetions or know good and sheep spread spectrum modules?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

Hi
r u sure u want to use SS for uor purpose ?
do u think about using GPS ?

Hi

GPS is good for accurcy of about 15m but what for less accurcy?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

to locate with a high resolution u couls use the scenario with one tx and multiple receivers. then compute from received signal, the angle of arrival and time difference of arrival (AoA and EoTD). if u have a gsm system u can use cellid and TA values also

Hi
GPS is very good, if u use GPS also by 15m resolution it is better and cost efficient.
I think if u design a system for this perpuse it is very expensive, for example u can use multiantenna to measure AoA and ToA but it is more expensive than using GPS
u say your distance is about 1000m, so 15m error is negligible -> error = 0.015 = 1.5%

Hi

if u have a gsm system u can use cellid and TA values also

What is AT commands to get cellid & TA ? and what's TA?
and what's the accurcy of such system?

gps is very accurate now with selected availability switched off

How to switch selected availability off?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

SA is switched off by GPS system owner since few years now so it is quite accurate .. abt 2m.
you can get better resolution (abt tens of cm) if you will use differential GPS (DGPS). easy to do for small area
you need just 1 more gps receiver and calculations ;0))

regards

cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.