Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spectre Model files for TSMC 0.18um

Status
Not open for further replies.

florescent

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectre model parameters

Hi. I am using NCSU packages for Cadence.

Since no model files for 0.18um is available from NCSU CDK package, I have downloaded model parameters from MOSIS (attached with name of “TSMC03_t53r_mm_non_epi.txt”)

Then, I modified it into two separated .m files (tsmc2N_MM_NONepi.m and tsmc2P_MM_NONepi.m). I changed the level from 49 to 11. The error messages I got from simulation are below

“Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.
input.scs: N0 is an instance of an undefined model tsmc20N.
input.scs: P0 is an instance of an undefined model tsmc20P”

It cannot recognize MOS devices. . I can guess that I modified it wrong.

Next, I have downloaded “TSMC018_teaching.scs” from Columbia University web site. I tried, but error is “Illegal library definition found in netlist” in line 455. I changed the library name corresponding to what I have in Cadence, but it doesn't work.

Could anyone either fix it or direct me to a correct spectre model file for TSMC 0.18um (Typical or nominal)? Thank you

tsmc 0.18 model

spectre can handle the spice model files - i use TSMC18 MOSIS process and here is what I used (almost directly from their website)

these are plain text files (use emacs/vi/notepad), i just named them .doc as its the only allowed extension

goodluck

tsmc 0.18um model

Dear terranpro

Thank you for your kindness and effort to upload the files

Unfortunately, it gives me the same error. I think I will eamil to MOSIS and ask them for their edition for the model files.

Dear terranpro

Thank you for your kindness and effort to upload the files

Unfortunately, it gives me the same error. I think I will eamil to MOSIS and ask them for their edition for the model files.

I think TSMC03_t53r_mm_non_epi.txt is spice format model. If you use spectre simulator, it will lead to error.
The another one is spectre format. You must check line 455 for the problem. Maybe you can paste it here.

I know you post this a year ago but I think I know what's wrong!

The name of your model doesn't match the model that you use! So I assume you need to edit your MOSFET's. You basically need to click on them then press Q to open the modification box and then tick user instead of ... . Then you need to change the name from TSMC20N to whatever that your file says! I guess it is tsmc2N_MM_NONepi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back