Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spartan 3xc3s4000 daisy chain help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

colt45

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,
i have daisy chained 2 FPGAs and 1 EEPROM but i cannot program them using JTAG mode. The error says" DONE pin did not go high". I have checked my circuit many times and i am sure that by now it's working fine but still the problem persists.
I am using the 2.5V settings i.e. no series resistors. The design is like this:

EEPROM -> XC3S4000 -> XC3S4000

i have connected EEPROM's TDO to first FPGAs TDI and so on.
Can anyone give me some pointers or any solution ?

also it would be nice to tell me the daisy chain configuration so that i can compare whether i am doing the right thing.

thanks

Added after 33 seconds:

The schematic is given above.. Kindly see it and help me out

Hi,

I was looking at your schematic.. I found two confusing signals...
where does JTAG-TDO and JTAG-TDI go...

The connections for daiy chaining is clearly given in Spartan3 datasheet or you can find configuraton details in Xilinx website..

JTAG TDO and JTAG TDI are going down the connectors. They have nothing to do here i guess..

I dont think so..

how will you program PROM then...

Wht i know is, the connection should be connector - prom - FPGA1 -FPGA2
TDI is the config bit input... Also the TDO of last FPGA should be connected back to connector.. There is some issue related to that as well...

The EEPROM is programmed through the JTAG interface.
And the chain is EEPROM - FPGA1 - FPGA2 ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back