Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan 3-E Ethernet interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

fm_com_28

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spartan ethernet

Dear,
I have a Spartan 3-E Starter kit with ethernet 10/100 interface I need the MAC Layer to be able to use this interface using VHDl.Has any body tried that or has a solution for this problem?
Best Regards.

spartan ethernet interface

check www.opencores.org .It seems to me that they have a core there that you could use

spartan 3e ethernet

i found a core but it was written in verilog not VHDL
i want VHDL

verilog ip ethernet spartan 3e

fm_com_28 said:
i found a core but it was written in verilog not VHDL
i want VHDL
By the way, I want to ask a question: Is there any Verilog->VHDL translator? it can be done manually but a soft to do this would be great.

vhdl stack spartan 3

fm_com_28 said:
Dear,
I have a Spartan 3-E Starter kit with ethernet 10/100 interface I need the MAC Layer to be able to use this interface using VHDl.Has any body tried that or has a solution for this problem?
Best Regards.

Sorry beeing a bit off topic, but I'm interested in buying a similar kit - maybe the same one :?:
Where did you buy your kit? Is it directly available from x!l!nx? How much does it cost?
Thanks in advance for your info,

Martin

spartan 3 dual ethernet

Maddin,

You can buy the starter kit from Xilinx directly, which is better and cost same price to there reseller. I brought my first board from there reseller and there reseller charge me delivery as well, but Xilinx dont!!

And Xilinx sent me board faster from US than any resellers in Asia here!!

Hi
even i started my work on ethernet 10/100. can anyone provide the code in vhdl ??
thanks in advance.

Xilinx already provides 3 types of MACs

1-Microblaze processor solutions
2-PowerPC processor solutions
3-No embedded processors solutions

xilinx provide cores for all of these solutions

**broken link removed**

If you would like a VHDL code for Ethernet MII, Queensland University has developed an IP stack that included MII operations. Perhaps you can check it out.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back