Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Someone to create pcb boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

brosskgm

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been looking at a lot of DIY projects but do not have the wish to mess with making PCB boards myself. Even a low cost PCB makers is $10/ea with $100 minimum per design and would need gerbers created. With three designs I would need a lot done and expensive. Is there anyone here that knows of someplace that can use the wire layout most include to create one, or is there someone here that likes to make them on the side in the US?

I have three designs I would like to get made but not at such a cost.

Thanks
Bob

I did once before, but they want it all in certian files to have any made. I only have something like this. I've contacted those that created the unit, and they also do not have any gerber or eagle files for these. Most just created their own from the image. I don't feel comfortable with the chemicals in an apartment setting.

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

I can't seem to get an image to upload.

---------- Post added at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

Let me try this.

Hi, just use prototype boards. They are cheap and easy to work with

The problem I'm running into is that stripboards are hard to come by in our area, and the protoboards I have got require all the traces to be run. I have tried that several times and only a couple have worked. I'm not good at proto. I would prefer the pcb already done or the project in kit form. I'm not really looking to be able to design or build from scratch my own projects. Just wanting to build a few test tools for a class I'm taking to learn repair.

Well, you have 3 options
1) you have to pay for design and manufacturing(which you don't want to);
2) you have to deal with laser printout(and remember about mirroring hi-hi) and iron, chemicals and tiny drill bits;
3) you can use prototype boards(not with traces, just with small round plates around wholes). That's the best choice for fast and simple non-commercial applications. Keyword here - fast. just use some wires to make traces. It's really fast and easy, when you need just one pcb.
Ages ago i used to make my own pcb's with special permanent marker, chemicals and 0.8mm drill bit clipped to the small motor. It's not that complicated, but i think prototype boards will save you a lot of time. Just choose right one. By the way, if you pcb will be mounted in the case, noone even you will see the difference ;)

I have tried several times to run my own traces. This is where it was very diffacult with a simple project that would fit on a 2x3 but have 72 items to run wire to. The only wire I have is 22 gage wrap wire. I've been trying to locate the supper fine wire but have no idea where to find it. The one above I just completed a few hours ago and it doesn't work either. The kits I have ordered have worked fine. It's the proto ones that just don't make it.

Not doing enough of this I have been finding it would have cost less to buy a commercial. Not having anyone to show/teach me, and the class I'm taking is only for repair that looks like I'm going to fail because I didn't have a working esr meter by today told me I should have never chosen to build my own test equipment. But I couldn't afford all the equipment. I received state funding to take the course. I takes me a couple weeks just to be able to buy the $30 parts for a project.

Hmmm, sounds like you are somewhere away from electronic shops. About prototype boards, you probably should change the way you doing. First thing is flux. You MUST use it. Not only the flux inside the soldering wire. Best one is resin. Dissolve some in pure alcohol and here we go(even don't think to try it hi-hi). Wire for traces is any thin enough wire without pvc isolation. Hint - use automatic pencil to hold the wire. Use "third hand" to hold pcb. That's the basics.
Good luck and feel free to ask questions. Remember - ask cost nothing

Not totally away but far enough I'm 100 miles out of Los Angeles. We have a radio shack, but they are limited. Most has to be ordered in. I have flux. I have the resin core solder. Use both? or is the flux for laying down the wire?

What is the alcohol for? Automatic pencil to hold the wire? I know what they are, just trying to understand that one. I have the presision tweezers.

100 miles sounds like a challenge, but should be much better environment than LA ;) Yes, use both resin and core solder. Flux will help you to do soldering faster with much better quality. Alcohol(spirit, C2H5OH) to make liquid flux of resin, also useful to wash (use your old tooth brush)pcb after assembling complete. You can also use methilazed spirit from local warehouse. Replace carbon core(or whatever the name of it) in automatic pencil with thin wire - it will make your life more easy.

OK. Turn the flux paste to more liguid with the Alcohol. I have the spray solvent electronic cleaner in a can. Now I know what size wire I need to try and find. So far no luck. Looks like I'll have to order some in. The lead in the pencile is 0.65mm. Glad I didn't get the fine point one. Any idea were I would get this small wire?

Thanks

For small quantities PCB fabrication with Single side Material, Laquer coated finish, you may get a quote from **broken link removed** sending them your layouts. They do accept JPG, PDF or any generally accepted formats.
Cheers

2 brosskgm
1) not flux paste(it might be non compatible with alcohol), but resin. and, yes, you got it right - with liquid flux is easy to work
2) you can use pcb cleaner in spray can, just alcohol is cheaper and more universal
3) 0.65mm is a bit thick and not so flexible
4) any autoelectrician garage or shop or warehouse which have red/black cables. just strip isolation and you will have a bunch of fresh thin easy to solder cooper wires.

I think the shipping from United 7 to US could be costly, but I'll check into them. Thanks.

your artwork has no indication whether it is mirrored or non-mirrored version. Even the IC, has all pins square, thus makes it difficult to manage. Thus the manufacturer , if any one coming forward for low volumes, would face a problem in deciding which is solder layer.
Better to recreate the artwork using a software like pcb123 and request them to make your boards.

It's not mine. It's from another posted. It was on this site for esr meters. Someone modified it to use 9v instead of 5v and made a couple other changes. Seemed a little easier than some of the others I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back