Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some questions about ENELOOP batteries, need to buy several for off camera strobes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainman007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need some help. I need to understand which batteries are best to buy for off camera strobe flash units. The flash manufacturer suggests using alkaline or NiMh batteries for the flash. These flashes are mighty power suckers as you all know.

One option was sanyo eneloop batteries. They are supposed to hold a charge for a very very long time. Hence they dont quick discharge on their own and have amazing shelf life with 90% power storage even after 6 months. But that doesnt mean im going to do that. It only means that it wont drain too fast on its own and will have more life on the field. But then i heard from some people that 2100 mah is too less for these flashes and it wont even last a few bursts, they say i need a min of 2400mah. Eneloop doesnt come in higher than 2100, at least ive searched and never found one.

So on ebay i saw a lot of batteries for about a $ each and they are 3000mah. Is it good to buy these batteries. Anyone who knows and can help ?

Also when buying a charger for NiMh do i need one which has the discharge and recharge "REFRESH" function to be used about once in a month etc. But some say NiMh doesnt have any memory effect. So this seems contradictory. If it doesnt have memory effect then why do the chargers made for them come with that feature ? Or is it meant for NiCd batteries because the chargers are ment to charge both types i guess ? So should i get a charger with refresh feature etc or i can just get any basic charger with LEDs that light up to show that its completed charge or maybe with an auto cut off to prevent over charge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back