Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some digital signal procesing [HELP!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdur

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All!!!

I have some digital inputs working 0V (for 0) to +12V (for 1).

1. I understand that I can't use TTL gates/flip-flops. What's the remplacement in CMOS? I use the following TTL's: 74LS32 (or another multiple input OR gate), 74LS74 (flip-flop)

2. I need to use 1-0 clock for flip-flops, I only know the standard 555 1-0 clock. What kind of clocks I can use? 555 are ok for +12V-0V? And witch time-intervale / frequency I can work?

3. The respective results (other digital outputs) obviusly will work with 0V (for 0) to +12V (for 1). I need to transform this to 0V (for 0) to +5V (for 1). What's the best (and the most cheap :razz:) form to do this?

Thank yoy very much! your help will be hopeful for my little project!

Hi ckdur,
1. I understand that I can't use TTL gates/flip-flops. What's the remplacement in CMOS? I use the following TTL's: 74LS32 (or another multiple input OR gate), 74LS74 (flip-flop)
The ooold metallic-gate CMOS series 4000 and 4500 allow that logic levels (from 0-5 V to 0-15 V).

2. I need to use 1-0 clock for flip-flops, I only know the standard 555 1-0 clock. What kind of clocks I can use? 555 are ok for +12V-0V? And witch time-intervale / frequency I can work?
555 can manage that levels if you want a low-frequency RC clock generator. But a crystal oscillator made with an inverter gate could better for you.

3. The respective results (other digital outputs) obviusly will work with 0V (for 0) to +12V (for 1). I need to transform this to 0V (for 0) to +5V (for 1). What's the best (and the most cheap :razz:) form to do this?
You could use voltage dividers (cheapest) or logic level converters (several gates included in one IC package).

Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back