Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some assistance in accessing the programming of an electrical screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawic42

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So... I'm an electro student at and I took apart my electric screwdriver because it is turning off too quickly when high load is applied - I think it might be programmed incorrectly. I haven't really taken all the courses needed to be able to figure this stuff out by myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Basically, I want to access it's onboard storage and rewrite when it is supposed to stop. And also it would be cool to be able to read some information off it when it's spinning to see what type of information it measures.

This is what the electronics look like:
So from what I can gather there are 4 access points to the left and 6 to the right. How would I go about accessing and what gear do I need to purchase to do it?

Thanks for any input, even if it's satirical IMG_20200930_134525.jpgIMG_20200930_134923.jpgIMG_20200930_134720.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

it is turning off too quickly when high load is applied

Motors tend to draw extreme current when they slow down (and even more when they stall). I'll bet yours is programmed to shut off before something burns up.

To find out what's happening, measure voltage at the motor, or at the power supply. See if it changes depending on how much it's loaded.

A more useful reading is current through the motor (or power supply). This is not easy to measure directly. Nevertheless this forum can give you advice as to suitable sensor methods.

Typically manufacturers, when they ship products, read / write protect FLASH in
processor where program is stored. So the only way to get it is extremely
expensive operation using SEM and looking at charge in each memory bit.

Regards, Dana.

I'm not convinced there's a microprocessor, or any other programmable device in there; at least not from your pictures. They might be limiting the current simply with a current-sensing resistor and transistor. And even if there IS a programmable EPROM or micro, unless you have the source code, how are you going to know WHAT to reprogram?

Why do you think it's "programmed incorrectly"? Maybe your load is too great. And, if it is "programmed incorrectly", why don't you just return it, as it's defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back