Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering 42AWG Wires on a connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have 42 AWG Coax wires which i need to solder on Hypertac connector- HJ501133019 (Page10/224 Frame HJ Plug). 32 wires need to be soldered on this connector.
The inner conductor of these coax wires go to ES1 to ES32 pins (pinout of Hypertac connnector) as shown in picture below while outer conductor fro each wire need to be connected to GND pins(in green boxes).
Capture.JPG

So wondering what is the best possible solution for soldering here. As the wires are so thin, they don't get soldered properly and are prone to damage.
And soldering the outer conductors to GND pins is even bigger challenge here.

You might want to try the conductive epoxy or silver conductive pen. (The brand I once had was CircuitWorks.)
It's easier to clean up mistakes, whereas solder tends to get messy.

However the join is not as robust as solder. It may loosen over the years.

Last edited:

42 AWG can be tricky; I cannot make out without a magnifying glass!!

I suggest you can try solder paste, make a clamp out of thick paper. First solder the inner conductors and then in the next step solder the shield using a soldering iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back