Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOI MOSFET Simulation with PSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepelex

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is it possible to simulate SOI MOSFETs with PSPICE using Berkeley`s BSIM SOI Model Cards **broken link removed**.

Thanks

Hello Lepelex,

You can surely simulate it. You have the models, and the simulador. Have you found any difficult?
Regardsm

I looked at the Cadence / OrCAD site and they make no mention of BSIMSOI.
That particular model may not digest well. PSpice is not really oriented at IC
design where you'd usually encounter the BSIM models. You might check the
various free SPICEs though.

I want to have any SOI model file but not getting how to download
From whom should i contact to get the SOI mos model....................

Hi,

Is it possible to simulate SOI MOSFETs with PSPICE using Berkeley`s BSIM SOI Model Cards **broken link removed**.

Thanks

use Level 7 of PSpice MOS Model

Hi,

Can you provide me the .lib and .olb file of this SOI MOSFET model? I want to simulate the Id/Vg characteristics of PDSOI MOSFET as well as FDSOI MOSFET. Do I need different models for them. If yes, I would request you to kindly share them with us. I am am currently working on NMOS/PMOS at level 2. Do I need higher levels for SOI MOSFET? Can they be simulated on a laptop with basic configuration?

Soumendu

Hi Soumendu,

I don't think LEVEL 7 of Pspice is SOI model.
It is basically a BSIM4 implementation which models various mosfet physical effects in sub-100nm regime (like GIDL,GISL etc).

What you are probably looking is a BSIMSOI model, which is unified model for PD and FD SOI.
I am afraid it is not implemented in PSPICE as yet.

Mvaseem

Hi Soumendu,

I don't think LEVEL 7 of Pspice is SOI model.
It is basically a BSIM4 implementation which models various mosfet physical effects in sub-100nm regime (like GIDL,GISL etc).

What you are probably looking is a BSIMSOI model, which is unified model for PD and FD SOI.
I am afraid it is not implemented in PSPICE as yet.

Mvaseem

Hi Mvaseem,

Are you sure about it? I have seen yesterday a cadence pspice online reference manual where it is mentioned that SOI models have been developed (model types: nmosoi, pmosoi) for PSPICE but I dont have these models with me. Check the link **broken link removed** , page 381.
If someone can help me give this model to me or let me know how to implement it, it would be of great.

Soumendu

Hi Soumendu ,

I just looked at the reference manual. Looking carefullty, it nowhere mentions pspice. It's always cadence spice. Also the document date is - Dec 1998. I think that time Pspice was owned by Microsim. So definitely it is not talking about pspice.
Cadence offers multiple spice simulators. The document could be talking about other one. May be the one known as "Spectre" now a days. I am not sure though.

Hi Soumendu ,

I just looked at the reference manual. Looking carefullty, it nowhere mentions pspice. It's always cadence spice. Also the document date is - Dec 1998. I think that time Pspice was owned by Microsim. So definitely it is not talking about pspice.
Cadence offers multiple spice simulators. The document could be talking about other one. May be the one known as "Spectre" now a days. I am not sure though.

Thank you, I didnt note this thing so closely. So, do you suggest me to look for any other simulator?

Well Pspice is quice good, but for this particular simulation you should be using other simulator like spectre. I am sure there would be other simulators supporting BSIMSOI, which I am not aware. Just do a web search, you'll get many.

mvaseem

Well Pspice is quice good, but for this particular simulation you should be using other simulator like spectre. I am sure there would be other simulators supporting BSIMSOI, which I am not aware. Just do a web search, you'll get many.

mvaseem

Hi mvaseem,

After extensive search, I could find that HSPICE has very good support for SOI MOSFET simulations using BSIM models from Berkeley. Therefore, I am planning to migrate to HSPICE for my work. By the way, PSPICE is surely an excellent simulator.

Soumendu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back