Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smd components selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.man

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am going to design a pcb in which most of the components will be smd.
I have searched on internet and found that there are many packages of each components like if i select resistor then there are list of available packages like 2020,2512,1210 etc for capacitors available packages are 2412,2318,2917 etc.
will anyone tell me about the crieteria of selecting components, also how do i seach those components?

Hello-
>will anyone tell me about the crieteria of selecting components, also how do i seach those components?
Selecting the components depends on pcb area requirements, cost, and component performance. The first thing to do would be to find out the required component values you need. Also, you need to identify any other component requirements (e.g. type of capacitor or requirement that the capacitor ESR must be XXX ohms). Then you can start to search for the biggest and cheapest components that meet those requirements. If the parts are too big, then go for smaller. Smaller components cost more but the pcb will be smaller and thus will cost less.

If you need some general pcb help check out this:
**broken link removed**

Cheers,
analogLow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back