Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small signal analysis - questions concerning spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep_torgal

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Small signal Analysis

In small signal analysis, how much small a signal should be considered. After biasing can i apply any amount of signal around that point. Does spice understand and put a limitation for the signal or it just calculates the parameters around the biasing point.

Regards,
Sandeep

Small signal Analysis

Small signal analysis dosnt mean the quantity of signal is less. Actually it means the deviation of incoming AC signal from the DC bais point, i.e. on which DC reference voltage the incoming signal will ride.

Re: Small signal Analysis

Genrally speaking , in spice AC simulation is "small signal analysis"

Thanks for the info..Wanted to know what is the limit for the signal ride..

Spice does AC analysis in two steps

1) Find the operating point (or bias point) of the circuit and construct small signal model
2) Once the small signal model is generated, sweep the frequency and simulate(do AC analysis).

Thus, once the small signal model is genrated absolute magnitude of the input does not matter. I did not find any limitation on the magnitude of input AC signal.

Small signal Analysis

PK,

Thanks for the reply...

Regards,
Sandeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back